YOUR FUTURE. YOUR PATHWAY.
About the Program
Wolverine Pathways is a free, year-round college readiness program for 7th through 12th grade students who live in Detroit or within the boundaries of Southfield Public or Ypsilanti Community school districts. We guide students and their families in exploring and preparing for college early, while supporting students in their academic and social development. During our Fall, Winter, and Summer sessions we help students identify and improve in many of the areas colleges value: community involvement, leadership, academic performance, SAT scores, essay writing etc. Students who successfully complete Pathways and are admitted to U-M Ann Arbor or Dearborn receive a 4 year tuition scholarship.
There’s never a dull moment in the Wolverine Pathways program. As a scholar, you will be able to identify and cultivate your personal strengths and interests through a variety of activities that include:
- Project-based learning encompassing English, science, and math
- Community service and leadership opportunities
- Cultural events and field trips.
- Campus visits to the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and Dearborn
- College preparation workshops
- Internships in science, writing, sports, medicine, media, fashion, and technology
- Wellness breaks and workshops
Support & Benefits
In addition to the activities offered during the program sessions, you will also have access to:
- On-site University of Michigan undergraduate mentors
- College preparation workshops for your parent(s) or guardian(s)
- High school and college advising from experienced advisors
Each Wolverine Scholar who
- Successfully completes the program
- Applies to the University of Michigan and is admitted
will receive a full, four-year tuition scholarship to the University of Michigan (applied after all applicable federal and state financial aid). Currently, the program is only offering tuition scholarships. Financial assistance for room and board (living on campus) may be available from other resources. If a scholar does not successfully and fully complete the program, there is no financial reward, even if they are later admitted to U-M.
Wolverine Scholars are not required to apply to or attend U-M, but we strongly encourage you to consider this amazing opportunity at a top university!
View the full program requirements.
If you have any questions about Wolverine Pathways, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.