Your student has been invited to apply to the University of Michigan’s Wolverine Pathways. This program engages middle and high school students from targeted Southeastern Michigan school districts with the dual goal of increasing students’ academic, social and cultural preparation and increasing the probability of admission, enrollment and degree completion at the University of Michigan, one of the nation’s top public universities.
Our program staff works in partnership with families, guardians, schools and community representatives to encourage, guide and prepare students to be successful in middle and high school, college and post-graduate careers by:
- Providing supplemental educational activities in the core content areas of English, mathematics, science and social studies.
- Identifying and cultivating student strengths and interests through guided disciplinary exploration and exposure.
- Offering cultural opportunities through wellness promotion, the arts and field trips.
- Providing mentors and role models.
- Delivering college preparation workshops, including financial aid guidance and campus visits.
- Offering SAT/ACT test preparation workshops.
- Supporting college application preparation.
- Offering parent/guardian workshops on academic and financial college preparation.
- Supporting and collaborating with school-based academic counselors.
If admitted into the program, students and their families must actively participate in Wolverine Pathways programs to ensure the scholars’ academic and personal success. The best part is — Wolverine Pathways students who successfully complete the program and apply to U-M and are admitted will receive a full, four-year tuition scholarship. They may also be eligible for additional financial assistance.
Please note: All applicants must live within the boundaries of the city of Detroit, Southfield Public or Ypsilanti Community school districts.
View the full program requirements.
If you have any questions about Wolverine Pathways, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.