YOUR FUTURE. YOUR PATHWAY.
During the 2020-2021 school year, we are accepting applications from current 6th and 8th graders who live in the city of Detroit, or within the Ypsilanti or Southfield public school district boundaries. More information: English | Spanish
To be considered for admissions in the program, scholars must:
- Be a 6th or 8th grade student
- Live in the city of Detroit, or within the Ypsilanti or Southfield public school district boundaries.
- Be interested or involved in community service activities
- Plan to attend college
We seek candidates whose academic records show the ability to exceed our GPA minimum. Grades are not everything, of course.
Whether your school is recording grades as pass/fail, or your current grade point average (GPA) does not fully reflect your academic potential, we welcome you to apply. In our holistic review process, we carefully consider all the credentials presented for indicators that student applicants possess qualities that indicate high likelihood of successful completion of the Wolverine Pathways program. We want to know if the applicant has the academic qualifications as well as the skills, dispositions, and experiences that would facilitate program completion and ultimately application, acceptance, and matriculation to UM Ann Arbor or Dearborn.
To successfully complete the program, scholars must:
- Attend and actively participate in 90% or more of program activities
- Maintain a 90% or better school attendance rate, good school conduct, and a B-average or better in core academic courses
- Pursue their school’s college preparation/advanced placement courses, if available
To maintain the competitive nature of Wolverine Pathways, scholars may be placed on probation and eventual dismissal from the program if they do not maintain a 3.0 grade point average requirement. However, Wolverine Pathways staff is dedicated to supporting scholars and will provide mentoring, counseling, and assistance if a scholar’s grades decline.
- Attend 1-2 events per year.
If you have any questions about Wolverine Pathways, please contact us at wolverinepathways@umich.