Wolverine Pathways accepts scholars based on a holistic reviewing process. To be accepted into the program, applicants must:
- Live within the boundaries of the city of Detroit, Southfield Public or Ypsilanti Community school districts.
- Be a current 6th or 9th-grade scholar in Detroit or Ypsilanti. Or be a current 6th-grade scholar in Southfield.
- Have a minimum academic (English, math, science and social studies) grade point average of 2.8 and an overall (all classes)
- GPA for 3.0 or higher.
- Be interested or involved in community service activities.
- Plan to attend college.
To successfully complete the program, Scholars must:
- Attend and actively participate in 90% or more of program activities.
- Maintain a 90% or better school attendance rate, good school conduct, and a B average or better in core academic courses.
- Pursue their school’s college preparation/advanced placement courses, if available.
To maintain the competitive nature of Wolverine Pathways, scholars may be placed on probation and eventual dismissal from the program if they do not maintain the grade point average requirement. However, Wolverine Pathways staff is dedicated to supporting scholars and will provide mentoring, counseling, and assistance if a scholar’s grades decline.
- Attend 80% or more of the parent/guardian workshops and activities.
- Attend 80% or more of parent/guardian meetings.
- Attend 80% or more of scholar demonstration events.
If you have any questions about Wolverine Pathways, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.