Each year, Wolverine Pathways selects up to 60 current 6th-grade students and 60 current 9th-grade students to join the program the Fall of their 7th and 10th-grade school year. These students must live within the boundaries of the city of Detroit, Southfield Public or Ypsilanti Community school districts to participate in the program. Once admitted, Wolverine Pathways Scholars take part in the program every year through the completion of 12th grade. The program takes place in three seasonal sessions each year at one location within the targeted school district. In the fall and winter, eight-week sessions run on Saturdays from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. During the four-week summer session, the program will take place Monday through Thursday.
There’s never a dull moment in the Wolverine Pathways program. As a scholar, you will be able to identify and cultivate your personal strengths and interests through a variety of activities that include:
- Project-based learning encompassing English, science and math.
- Community service and leadership opportunities.
- Cultural events.
- Field trips.
- Campus visits to the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- College preparation workshops.
- Internships for select high school level scholars.
Support & benefits
In addition to the activities offered during the program sessions, you will also have access to:
- On-site University of Michigan mentors.
- College preparation workshops for your parent(s) or guardian(s).
- A U-M academic liaison based at your school.
- A full, four-year tuition scholarship to the University of Michigan (if you successfully complete the program and apply to U-M and are admitted).
Each Wolverine Scholar who 1) successfully completes the program and 2) applies to the University of Michigan and is admitted will receive a full, four-year tuition scholarship to the University of Michigan (applied after all applicable federal and state financial aid). Currently, the program is only offering tuition scholarships. Financial assistance for room and board (living on campus) may be available from other resources. If a scholar does not successfully and fully complete the program, there is no financial reward, even if they are later admitted to U-M.
Wolverine Scholars are not required to apply to or attend U-M, but we strongly encourage you to consider this amazing opportunity at a top university!
View the full program requirements.
If you have any questions about Wolverine Pathways, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.